We have all heard of that Ah hah moment in life! Well today I really had a great ah hah moment that penetrated my soul! I have always truly felt like my family is the most important thing in this life! I knew it, lived it and felt it, but never had it hit me as hard and as clear as it did today. We had as great day at church and Jeff was home for the holiday week, so it was nice to have all my kids with me. We came home, got ready to eat dinner and my nephew, Nate, called to see if I needed my road plowed. I told him that would be great and he came over, just in time for dinner! During dinner, it was lively and loud and everyone was laughing and joking around….it felt like heaven to have all my kids’ home around the table. As I watched them it just occurred to me that they are all I need! No partner, romance or passionate fling can offer me the joy I recieve from Motherhood. I have a very hard road ahead of me, one that is long and seems rather daunting. I just need to cling to the strong impression I had to hold tight to my children; love them, spend quality time with them and cherish them! If I do, I will know so much greater joy than ever imaginable! I may be lacking the love and strength that comes from a partner, but God gave me these kids to love and raise, and He will be there to help me along the way. What a great privilege I have to watch and mold these beautiful children into amazing young ladies and gentlemen! My cup runneth over with love and pure joy!
Yes Faye, You have awesome kids! Hold tight to them. Spend time with them. And you will be fine!
ReplyDeleteI feel the same way. My best moments have been with the kids. Remember this aha moment one thigns start to get crazy...come back to it and remember how great it feel right at this moment. Love you!!!
ReplyDeleteYou are such an awesome Mom! You have & continue to do very well with your kids ... they are terrific kids! I'm thankful to have them as my nieces & nephews. You will do well by holding to & cherishing your little family. You have been greatly blessed - you'll make it through the roughest times!
ReplyDeleteI have always said that you are an incredible mother Faye. You have done an extraordinarily job raising your children and continue to do so. You have done what you needed to do. It has been an honor being a part of there life's in some fashion or another. The truth is I love your kids like they were my own. Just as you are blessed to have such wonderful kids they are in return blessed to have such a wonderful mom.
ReplyDelete